Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dog Page




Here is my first finished quiet book page! My son (17 months) LOVES to play with buckles. He insists on buckling himself in his car seat and finds great joy in the shopping cart buckles (germs and all). So, when I ran across a quiet book dog page with collar for opening and closing, I had to make it.

I hand-stitched 99% of this due to my fear of lack of control with my sewing machine. I did use the sewing machine attaching the collar for added stability, but, I also hand-stitched parts because it would not fit under the foot.

Items needed:
  • White cotton muslin - this page was cut 10.5" x 12"
  • Pellon to place between the pages
  • Brown, white, black, pink felt
  • Dog collar (I got this one at Walmart)
  • White and black thread
  • 2 medium-sized buttons, or eyes (I couldn't find any decent eyes, so I went with these)
  • Optional: little bone for tag - I found this at Hancock Fabrics.
  • Eyelet Plier Kit - I found one at Walmart for around $2.00 with 30 eyelets included
Check out this amazing quiet book where I found the idea:
Leafy Treetop Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment